Get instant visibility across your business, analyze and respond to market trends, and make better decisions.
Sage 500 includes a full suite of integrated business intelligence tools that create a comprehensive information management solution. Customizable report generation, inquiry, analysis, and dashboard applications work seamlessly with your Sage 500 system to enhance functionality and productivity.
Business Insights Dashboard
Hone in on pertinent information, assess market changes and seize opportunities, and confidently make competitive business decisions. The Business Insights Dashboard keeps you in control by consolidating critical personal, corporate, and external information into one convenient and powerful dashboard. Access analytical and collaborative tools with a single click, leverage key performance indicators and move from reactive to proactive in every area of your business.
Using .NET and Web Browser technology, this customizable solution puts up-to-date company metrics, ad hoc inquiry, and competitive intelligence at your fingertips. Easily create new data views (Web Parts) to track almost any business scenario imaginable.
- Eliminate information overload and focus on critical data
- Define and track key performance indicators
- Restrict access to predefined individuals or groups
- Access Summaries and detailed views of Sage 500 sales, product, and customer analysis
Business Insights Explorer
Turn data into knowledge that you can act on with powerful, personalized sorting, grouping, and filtering capabilities. Business Insights Explorer provides a 360-degree view of your business for instant, real-time access to the critical information that drives your most competitive decisions.
Flexible and user-friendly, the Business Insight Explorer inquiry and analysis application features a streamlined grid interface that spans multiple data elements in one view, including contacts, GL transactions, balances, payments, invoices, sales orders, purchase orders, work orders, projects, and many, many more. Change views for the same customer, drill down to the transaction level and access customer maintenance for edits. Launch familiar Sage 500 ERP tasks directly from within Business Insights Explorer and find the information you’re looking for without losing your place.
- Simplify inquiries with the intuitive, grid-based view of key entity and transaction-level data
- Quickly preview key information about a specific entity in a single view
- Save time with search capabilities that quickly find records you’re looking for
- Sort, group, reorganize, and rename columns within the grid and save and share personalized views
- Effortlessly export all data or only the data displayed to pre-defined world templates, Excel, Access, PDF or XML files
Sage 500 Alerts
Proactively monitor your business, shorten business cycle times, and dramatically improve employee and customer communications and satisfaction with Sage 500 Alerts. Designed to keep you and your employees informed of business developments in real time, 500 Alerts notifies you by email whenever something significant happens in your Sage 500 database. Stay automatically informed about credit holds, inventory thresholds, sales ratios, urgency levels, and priority client and vendor transactions. Choose notifications from a series of predefined alerts, or customize them to your specific business needs.
- Respond to changing business conditions 24/7
- Monitor date and time-sensitive events
- Keep employees informed for better decisions making
- Improve customer service and build customer loyalty
Sage 500 Office
Leverage familiar Microsoft Office productivity tools and watch your efficiency, business communications and customer service take off. A key component of Sage 500 Office powers up productivity by enabling you to create a wide range of highly customized documents including business letters, email, spreadsheets and more — without ever leaving Sage 500.
Access predefined, customizable templates to automatically or manually generate business communications that incorporate application data. Build stronger customer relationships through enhanced communications. Use Sage 500 spreadsheets as budget analysis tools to transfer business data into Microsoft Excel, modify as desired, and then update the data directly in the ERP system.
Any authorized user in your organization can quickly and easily create a new template or one-time document without any programming knowledge. Simply open an existing Sage 500 template, make any necessary modifications, and save.
- Enhance customer acquisition, retention and winback
- Issue invoices and receipts
- Maintain consistent customer, employee and vendor correspondence
- Create spreadsheets for budget analysis, sales history, commissions and inventory
Take advantage of browser-based access to many of the reports in your Sage 500 operational modules. Generate and view reports through Microsoft® Internet Explorer at the same high level of security as the standard output.
Create and customize meaningful, presentation-quality reports from your Sage 500 data. Crystal Reports® is a powerful WYSIWYG report writer that allows you to create meaningful business financial reporting and other reports quickly and easily. Use a wide range of standard reports straight out of the box or customize them to suit your needs with specific options, selection criteria and sort preferences.
Leverage the power of SQL Server to fine-tune reports for high performance — even when data volume is significant. Output reports to paper or to a Web page at your discretion.
- Access “expert” wizards to easily guide the reporting process from start to finish
- Specify special conditions allowing one report to produce several outcomes
- Present summary information in a single cell, replacing columnar report formats
- Use sub-reporting capabilities to incorporate multi-format tables
- Form-style reporting supports greater precision print capabilities on pre-printed forms
Quickly and easily gain control and obtain the information you need for operations and strategic planning. Sage 500 Intelligence allows you to spend more time focusing on analysis and interpretation and less time pulling the data together. Analyze Sage 500 data using the familiar look of Microsoft® Excel. Effortlessly create real-time, automated, and preformatted reports with up-to-date, accurate, and meaningful information.
Build your intelligence solution from four elements so it works the way you want. Report Manager allows you to create and edit new reports as well as to filter and aggregate data. A Report Viewer License provides you with the ability to view reports and drill-down into existing reports and templates. Report Designer expands upon the functionality of the Report Manager to provide simplified “drag and drop” report creation capabilities. Connector Module streamlines your financial managers’ day-to-day operational tasks by accessing information from multiple sources and consolidating data from multiple companies.
- Quickly identify and respond to trends using sophisticated, customizable dashboards
- Empower your staff with timely, meaningful information and trend reports
- Improve the productivity of your financial staff
- Easily create in-depth financial, operations, customer, and vendor reports
- Efficiently view, manipulate, analyze and distribute reports in a familiar Excel format
- Extract up-to-the-minute high level summaries, account groupings, or details transactions
- Effortlessly consolidate data from multiple companies, divisions, and databases
- Minimize manual, repetitive work
Alerts and Workflow
KnowledgeSync powered by Vineyardsoft Corporation, a Sage Endorsed Solution
Monitor and respond to critical business conditions with real-time alerts. KnowledgeSync for manufacturers is your invisible assistant, monitoring your business for events and conditions that require your awareness and immediate response. Identify the elements that are crucial to the success of your manufacturing business and trigger personalized alerts about any changes via email, fax, pager, cell phone and screen pop-up. Dynamically analyze data between multiple business functions (e.g., Accounting, Inventory, and CRM) and take the right action quickly.
KnowledgeSync also streamlines workflow through the entire manufacturing cycle for greater efficiency:
- Automate delivery of forms, documents, and reports to clients and staff
- Schedule follow-ups to ensure actions are taken and tasks completed
- Automatically respond to incoming email messages and Web form submissions
- Execute workflow to deliver invoices and purchase orders, and schedule intelligent follow-ups
doc-link™ powered by Altec, a Sage Endorsed Solution
Improve control of your distribution workflow and effectively reduce your paper usage with an integrated document management system (IDMS). Cost-effective and scalable to your needs, doc-link™ document management and workflow solution for distributors ultimately transitions your organization to a paperless environment by capturing, processing, retrieving and researching document transactions from your desktop.
Managing processes and transactions electronically provides quantifiable ROI and the tangible benefits of greater visibility, security and control over documents and processes.
- Electronically route and approve Accounts Payable invoices
- Link approved invoices to Accounts Payable transaction screens
- Route reports and forms with supporting documents via email or fax
- Enforce security for document access