Sage 100 Payroll Tax Management
- In Tax Profile Maintenance is located on the Payroll Setup menu and you can create tax profiles that consist of one or more tax locations and their associated tax groups
- You can view a list of taxes included for each tax group and specify whether each tax should be calculated for employees to whom the tax profile is assigned
- Tax profiles are system-wide, so it’s not necessary to set them up more than once for multiple companies
- To use Tax Profile Maintenance, you must have access to all of the companies set up in your Sage 100 system
- If you are using payroll departments, you must have access to all departments to access Tax Profile Maintenance
Company Tax Group
- Company Tax Group Setup is located on the Payroll Setup menu and is used to maintain the following for each tax group:
- The tax ID number
- The general ledger account numbers for each type of tax
- Any tax rates (SUTA, FUTA) that are specific to your company are not maintained in the tax calculation engine.
- The Company Tax Group Setup records are company-specific, so you can set up separate tax IDs, accounts, and tax rates for each company.
- You must select a tax rule for all earnings codes and for pension and cafeteria plan deduction codes to determine how the earnings and deductions affect tax calculations
- Tax rules are not company-specific.
- Tax rules for dependent care and nonqualified benefit plans mean that it is no longer necessary to manually enter the annual totals for these plans at year end
- You must select a tax rule for each earning code, pension or cafeteria plan deduction before processing payroll