Drive productivity and efficiency with powerful, fully integrated core financial accounting software, Sage 500.
Ensure superior performance in all of your business activities with integrated financial management software. Streamline activities, maximize efficiency and gain insight with in-depth functionality customizable to the specific needs of your business. User-friendly design and intuitive interface enhance workflow and increase efficiency and results.
Improve efficiency, reduce administrative costs and gain better control over expenditures with Accounts Payable. Automate vendor-related tasks, customize vendor management and payment procedures to suit the needs of your business. Simplify voucher entry by automatically calculating sales taxes, discounts and due dates, as well as by defaulting general ledger accounts, payment terms, and 1099 information. Quickly access key information for day-to-day tasks and period-end processing and generate reports.
- Set up recurring vouchers and automatic payments
- Analyze vendor statistics
- Forecast cash requirements
- Use tax and freight allocation
- Manager multiple bank accounts
- Calculate special incentives and discounts
- Automate clearing with Accounts Receivable
- File 1099s electronically
Improve cash flow and enhance customer service through more effective management of your entire collections process. Accounts Receivable streamlines every step in your collection process from invoice entry to payment, calculates sales taxes, discounts, commissions, and due dates, and automatically updates the General Ledger account. Group customers into parent and subsidiary relationships to facilitate orders, record payments, and check credit for all affiliated companies. Monitor customer accounts more efficiently with up-to-the-minute statistical summaries, transaction listings and in-depth management reports.
- Run divisional receivables and multiple bank accounts
- Manage cash flow and forecast cash expectations
- Automate invoicing and billing, including repetitive and cash invoices
- Track and report commissions
- Create customized collection letters with desktop integration function
- Generate extensive reports and statements
Take control of your budget process and bring strategic insight to your manufacturing business planning. An enterprise-wide budgeting and planning application for manufacturers, Sage Active Planner shortens budgeting and planning cycles to create more effective and accurate budgets and forecasts and render a true performance analysis. Through seamless integration with all enterprise data and General Ledger, Active Planner encourages collaboration across all lines of business, ties budgeting to organizational performance and facilitates more informed forecasting and shop floor decisions.
Improve the flow of key information across all channels, such as business drivers and transaction data through templates, automatic dissemination and consolidation of the budget, central control over budget revisions, real-time integration of data sources, and built-in security mechanisms.
- Bottom-up, top-down or combination budgeting processes
- Seamless integration of budget submissions from multiple departments
- Intuitive spreadsheet design customizable for manufacturers
- Email notification of departmental budgetary status or revision
Deploy resources, monitor costs and plan budgets more accurately and efficiently. Allocations is a powerful yet flexible automation tool to structure nearly any allocation, distribute allocations in a variety of ways, redistribute individual transactions, and create accrual transactions. Built-in formulas enable you to perform a wide range of calculations quickly and easily to save time while enhancing the budgeting and planning process.
Processing controls allow you to run individual allocation and accrual transactions as well as transaction batches in specific periods. A complete audit trail provides a clear picture of formula calculation.
- Automate entries made in the course of a normal accounting cycle
- Accurately measure resource consumption using individualized basis calculations
- Create virtually any allocation transaction consisting of multiple source, recipient, and offset accounts
- Create an unlimited number of formulas and formula lines
- Use database queries in formulas to calculate and deploy values from other databases
- Streamline period-end processing
- Tier transactions in any order to control the transaction processing sequence
- Prevent errors with built-in processing controls
Streamline transaction processing and reconciliations for more efficient, accurate cash management and planning. Cash Management enables you to quickly and easily handle and track a wide range of bank transactions—including deposits, withdrawals, adjustments, interest earnings and charges, bank fees, and transfers between bank accounts—with pinpoint accuracy. Extensive drill-down and drill-around capabilities deliver fast, convenient access to transaction details and source information. Cash Management easily integrates with other Sage 500 ERP modules for extended capabilities.
- Process virtually any type of transaction batch while limiting access or placing batches on hold
- Handle and track a full range in types of bank transactions
- Smoothly handle increased banking transactions at period end
- Provide easy access to source information, such as bank account status, history, or detailed account statements
- Set up security groups and assign access permissions to restrict access to confidential banking transactions and account information
- Simplify deposit generations through Accounts Receivable integration
- Access payment and deposit information by bank account when integrated with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Create bank accounts in any currency when integrated with the Multicurrency Management module
Fixed Asset Accounting
Manage and depreciate your fixed assets more effectively with an accounting solution customized to your specific business needs. The Fixed Asset Accounting application seamlessly integrates with Sage 500 ERP to provide fast, accurate fixed asset management performance, acknowledged depreciation expertise, and reliable data and system security.
- Maintain up to seven books per asset
- Choose from 50 depreciation methods
- Manage partial and whole transfers and disposals
- Add, merge and extract companies
Fixed Asset Inventory
Safeguard your fixed assets, track large asset inventories efficiently and accurately, and reduce loss. Best suited for environments with more than 10,000 fixed assets, Fixed Asset Inventory provides complete inventory tracking and reconciliation functions with the capacity that only scalable client/server architecture can provide. State-of-the-art bar code technology simplifies the inventory process and makes it easier to identify loss patterns, implement loss prevention policies, and minimize asset replacement costs.
With seamless integration to Fixed Asset Accounting, Fixed Asset Inventory performs the physical inventory reconciliation process on-screen with existing asset data and prompts for decisions about discrepancies. Automatic updates provide concise, up-to-the-minute asset records.
- Easily access real-time fixed asset data and reports
- Enter and process data in multiple databases simultaneously
- Constantly monitor mobile assets in real time with Check-In/Check-Out
- Conduct multiple inventories concurrently at various sites and reconcile data at central location
Keep your business on track and make timely, informed decisions with fast, accurate access to critical financial data. General Ledger combines powerful functionality and flexibility with user-defined options to accommodate the most complex company structures. Set up an unlimited number of companies and customize your own chart of accounts, or choose from over a dozen industry-specific selections to use as-is or modify for quick, easy implementation. Maintain budget data in a spreadsheet if desired, and then update the general ledger accounting information through a direct Excel link. Run virtually unlimited reports with extensive drill-down capabilities to view everything from detailed journal entries to original source documents.
- Customize account structures with up to 100 characters with 15 segments or choose from over a dozen industry-specific charts of accounts
- Display detailed transactions for an account at any time
- Search for transactions by period, source journal inquiry, or comment
- Transfer funds between banks in one easy transaction journal entry
- Create public or private batches in general Journal Entry and Transaction Journal Entry for more control over general ledger postings
Optimize your international opportunities with streamlined, flexible management of multiple currencies, exchange schedules, and currency fluctuations. Multicurrency Manager creates and maintains an unlimited number of currencies and exchange rate schedules and provides the critical data you need for more informed decision making and improved trend analysis. Update exchange rates on a daily basis and automatically record realized or unrealized gains and losses due to currency fluctuations to the assigned general ledger accounts. Standard reports and registers create a complete audit trail of detail activity before posting. Retain detail postings and monthly summaries for an unlimited number of years for year-to-year comparisons. Multicurrency Management fully integrates with Sage 500 ERP modules for maximum efficiency. Enter exchange rate data just once in Multicurrency Management, and leverage multicurrency capabilities, including revaluation functions, across the system.
- Automatically perform currency conversions for all accounting transactions
- Create unlimited exchange rate schedules updated as often as you need them
- Eliminate the need to factor multiple currencies and exchange rates into heavy period-end transaction volume
- Organize security groups and assign permissions to restrict access to any confidential transactions and account information
- Leverage multi currency data across Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Sales Order, Purchase Order, eBusiness Suite, and General Ledger
Reduce your audit risk, stay ahead of constantly changing sales tax laws for manufacturers and ensure compliance in every market. Sales Tax automates comprehensive sales and uses tax functions ranging from jurisdiction assignment, rate research, and maintenance to reporting, returns, and remittance calculation. This hosted Web-based solution seamlessly integrates with Sage 500 ERP for manufacturing and automatically performs functions on the fly within your existing accounting application – no changes required.
For every calculation, Sales Tax verifies every address using a geo-coding mapping system, then calculates tax based on pre-set user configurations including nexus, tax jurisdictional issues, exception processing, product taxability rules, sourcing rules, split rates, and maximum tax — all done transparently in the background. A user-friendly interface and reporting platform provides detailed, summary, and exception reports for your manufacturing business. Drill down to customer/invoice, product, reason for exemptions, jurisdictional information, and detailed breakouts of rates and taxes by jurisdiction.
- Automate sales tax calculation, reporting and returns
- Access Completely accurate sales tax charts
- Simplify functions with the instant online tax calculator
- Prepopulate tax data for a specified filing period
- Set best practices in sales and used tax compliance for manufacturing