Cloud Solutions Architect
During the last week of January, about 15 of us from SWK Technologies attended Acumatica Summit 2019 in Houston, TX. It was Acumatica’s largest Summit to date and the 5th year in a row I’ve attended this event. The setup was typical with a kick-off celebration Sunday evening, Keynotes and sessions Monday and Tuesday, and finally training Wednesday through Friday.
In this video blog, I’ve put together a list of five key takeaways from the overall experience:
1. Cloud ERP growth is REAL with Acumatica.
The growth of the event is an indicator of Acumatica’s success as a mid-market cloud ERP product. The day one keynote focused on customer success with Acumatica.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- World Hope International
Acumatica also had their first customer showcase, which was a compliment to the exhibitor hall, yet debuting customer goods and services.
2. SWK is a recognized as a strong partner, winning 3 awards and boasting two Acumatica MVPs.
- Partner of the Year
- Cloud Adoption Partner of the Year
- ISV Partner of the Year with SPS Commerce Powered by MAPADOC, a combined EDI solution
- Two MVP awards, one for myself and the other to SVP Mary Abdian, who’s received it three years in a row
What does this mean for our customers? You are working with the right partner, recognized by Acumatica for success with the Acumatica Cloud ERP product. As our experience with Acumatica grows, our customers benefit.
3. The ISV ecosystem has grown
- I remember the Acumatica Summit in Long Beach, CA five years ago. The ISV’s were given tables around the central room the keynotes were given. This year, ISV’s lined the inside of the room we ate meals in, as well as a large exhibit hall.
- One of the ISV’s I’d like to give a shout out to is Velixo Reports, a powerful tool that allows Acumatica users to access Acumatica directly from within Microsoft Excel. This is really the first native enhancement for Excel for Acumatica Cloud ERP. I met up with Gabriel Michaud, who used to work for Acumatica to see just how easy setting this up is. He showed me how in a few clicks you can install the Excel add-on, authorize the connection with your credentials, and start building reports in minutes in Excel. I’m looking forward to sharing this with our existing and new customers.
- A few other notable ISV’s in attendance this year were SPS Commerce Powered by MAPADOC, Avalara, DataSelf, and AvidXchange. I only expect this to grow again over the next year.
4. Acumatica Technology Enhancements
- In all of our product demonstrations about Acumatica Cloud ERP, we make sure to highlight the fact that Acumatica is a Technology company with a great ERP system. The Acumatica team demonstrated a wide variety of functionality updates, flexing their tech muscle.
- Amazon Alexa
- Conditional formatting with colors
- Machine Learning/AI
- Drone Enabled Warehouse
- Even Smarter Help Documentation
- Mike C – Low to no code customizations
5. Acumatica Functionality Enhancements
- The release notes for Acumatica 2019 R2 includes 150 pages of new functionality that is shipped with 2019 R2
- Project Accounting – Project Base Currency
- Native Scanning Capability/WMS
- Related Companies with Different Year Ends
- Approving Expense receipts/claims from within Outlook
- Vertical Editions
- Field Service Enhancements
- Manufacturing (Engineering Change Controls)
If you attended the summit, I hope that you are just as excited about this product as all of us here at SWK are. If you couldn’t make it in person this time, I hope that you found this short video to be helpful. Acumatica did announce that Acumatica Summit 2020 will take place in Las Vegas, so I hope to see you there in person next year!
Check out my Cloud ERP Migration series to learn more about adopting the cloud for your technology processes and developing a strategy for migrating to a system such as Acumatica.
Want to know more?