The latest version of Sage ERP X3, version 6.5, offers a number of new enhancements that increases productivity, makes installation and ongoing maintenance easier, and offers new services and features through the long awaited cloud services. The more prominent enhancements include: electronic document management and distribution, changes to the financial and inventory modules that increase efficiency and cloud based services. The cloud services enhancement is a key change made by Sage because it allows users’ access to Sage Sales Tax, Sage ERP X3 Shipping, and Sage Advanced CRM. The result is a more flexible and powerful ERP solution for small to mid-market companies.
Key Enhancements for Sage ERP X3 Users
- Electronic Document Management (EDM) – New document management functionality extends the reach of Sage ERP X3 beyond system-generated documents to provide more control over document flow, increase archiving efficiencies, and streamline document distribution by email or fax. An integrated feature of Sage ERP X3 6.5, EDM allows management of all your documents within your normal ERP workflow without the need to connect to a third party application.
- Product Record Improvements – New features in 6.5 allow you to add an unlimited amount of notes to the items you stock or sell, specify where those notes are displayed, and for how long, using effective and expiration dates. Using note categorization multiple notes that you attach for an item can be viewed by different users. Add one note for the materials management group to communicate important information on product availability, and another note on the same item for a promotion about complimentary products or potential substitutes..
- AP/AR Terms Discount – Increase customer loyalty and be more competitive by using the new Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) Terms Discounts functionality. These enhancements provide you with the ability to apply early payment discounts, such as 2% 10 Net 30, to both AP and AR using a specified date range, or to always apply the discount. You can also set discounts based on the number of allowance days, or the grace period, that you want to continue to allow the discount to be taken. You have the option to discount the total amount including, or excluding, any additional charges such as freight and sales tax.
- Fixed Assets – Sage ERP X3 6.5 includes enhancements to Fixed Assets, which has been extended to include the capacity to import and track the movement of your assets. Control the factors that determine your asset value by manually adjusting physical elements or attributes, and modify the depreciation method. Before you commit a depreciation of assets to your system, you can now simulate it to ensure you get the desired results. If not, you have the option to modify what you simulated.
- Reporting Trees – A reporting tree allows you to easily model very sophisticated reporting structures, and view your organization in many different ways. The flexibility in Sage Intelligence – Financial Reporting accommodates any level of corporate hierarchies and tree units, so you can follow your organizational chart and model how the lower units report to increasingly higher units. Designate individual departments using your General Ledger, and establish higher-level, summary units that combine information from other reporting units.
- Report Distribution – Improve your workflow and speed up business processes by automating report distribution using the new Intelligence Report Distribution. A powerful feature that saves you time and effort, it automatically sends reports to a file, FTP site, or email. Distribution is ideal for sending reports out to line managers, providing corporate management with tailored reports, or providing information to external businesses such as banks holding a line of credit.
Contact Our Sage ERP X3 Team
Are you interested in learning more about the enhancements in the latest version of Sage ERP X3? Contact SWK’s Sage ERP X3 to learn how these enhancements can benefit you. For additional information contact us at 877-979-5462 or click here to contact us.