The Sage HRMS HR Actions module is a web-based solution that enables you to bring your human resource management software into the age of digital transformation. Offering streamlined employee self-service, paperless options for all forms, and automated approvals and notifications, HR Actions migrates your human capital management to a modern, online interface. Access dashboards in real-time and capture complete visibility into your human resource processes.
The latest version of Sage HRMS HR Actions delivers multiple product enhancements and error corrections to keep your human resource software running smoothly and in compliance with current regulations. Several releases have already been added this year – see below for all the feature updates released in 2020:
Sage HRMS HR Actions Enhancements
- No enhancements this version
- Added the following products to the core HR Actions install as licensable products:
- Sage HRMS HR Actions New Hire Interface
- Position Control for Sage HRMS HR Actions
- Added support for Sage HRMS and Abra Suite 2020 Q2.
- Improved the user experience of the Configurator by reducing the amount of input required by the user.
- HR Actions Self-Service
- Dynamic Forms Checklist – homepage now displays number of Actions remaining instead of the total number of Actions
- Updated the interface color scheme
- Added a new database type to the Data Connections page to support remote Cyber Recruiter databases.
- Improved performance of Configurator Refresh, Manual Updates and the Nightly Scheduler.
- Added validation to the Direct Deposit multi-row so that only values between 0 and 100 can be entered when selecting “% of Net Pay” or “% of Gross Pay” for the EFT Calculation Type.
- HR Actions New Hire Interface – added support for a new Work Email address field adding within Cyber Recruiter
- HR Actions W-4 – added support for W-4 integration with Sage 100 Payroll 2.0
- HR Analytics
- Optimized SQL stored procedures and views to improved performance
- Added support to report on the Performance Appraisal Status Monitoring feature added to HR Actions
- Added the ability to dynamically recognize and add SQL views for single row and multi-row custom details
- Added ability to share a bookmark with all members of an HR Analytics Group (previously bookmarks could only be shared one user at a time).
- Increased size of Submitter Comments field to 5000 characters.
- Modified HR Actions UDF fields so that the “Field Type” cannot be changed if a field is in use on a form.
- Expanded the left-hand navigation menu in HR Actions Self-Service to include all pages and modified labels of menu items to make them more user-friendly. Menu items now map to each individual Self-Service page.
- HR Actions W-4
- Added Tax Form Delaware DE-W4
- Added Tax Form D-4A Certificate of Non-residence in the District of Columbia
- Added the ability for an Administrator to reset a user password by setting it to the new user default password set in HR Actions Configurator. When a user logs in using the new user default password, they are forced to change their password.
- Updated Form 8850 Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity Credit (licensed separately)
- HR Actions I-9
- Updated the I-9 form to the latest published version
- HR Actions W-4
- Added 11 new forms and updated 18 existing forms
- Auditor can now edit Manager and Employee Comments on appraisal questions
- Improved email notification to New Administrators
- Improved Action Submission Confirmation page hyperlinks to more clearly reflect the pages each hyperlink calls
- Clicking “Today” in date picker now returns today’s date into field
- Added “Use HTTPS Redirect” checkbox in Configurator to force the use of https: even when user types in https:
HR Actions Corrected Issues
- Corrected an issue where saving a Pending Action as an ‘Auditor’ would return a Web Code error.
- Fixed issue in Configurator that caused URLs to be set incorrectly.
- Addressed problem that prevented Sage 300 Payroll databases from being detected on Refresh. Modified some Performance Appraisal field definitions to address issues with HTML comments.
- Corrected the “data has changed since initiation” process to handle changes to letter case.
- Fixed the setting of the “Default Submit Date for Action Searches” when searching for an Action in HR Actions Admin.
- Corrected an issue that caused searches to be redirected to the All Actions page after saving a pending action to HRMS. Now it returns the user to the Pending Actions page while preserving the search selection parameters.
- Corrected issue with deleting file attachments from an Action.
- Addressed problem where writes to payroll involving taxes caused an error message in the Sage payroll interface.
- Fixed various expand/collapse buttons in HR Actions Admin and HR Actions Self-Service.
- Resolved issue in the Configurator that was resetting URLs to their default values on Refresh.
- Addressed truncation error that prevented payroll multi-row data from populating on an Action.
- Addressed truncation error that prevented new codes from being added.
- Modified Performance Appraisal fields to automatically check the Scoring Flag for each question if Manager or Employee Scoring are enabled.
- Added missing “Save to HRMS” messages to W-4 type forms so users know whether or not an Action saved successfully and specifically whether the employee’s corresponding tax record was added or updated
- Approver date and timestamps were not appearing as expected when viewing an Action
- Admin users prevented from adding attachments to Actions after the Actions was initiated
- UDF Text Area fields that were being cleared out when double-clicking the Initiate button
- Performance Appraisal fields were not visible when Auditing an Action
- Auditing tax fields that are added to an Action using the template feature
- Fixed an issue with editing the Unit Pay field that resulted in the browser becoming unresponsive
- Error resulting from the logic that detects when the data in HRMS has changed since an Actions was initiated
- Properly updating the USFIT tax parameters on an employee’s tax records with data captured on the Federal 2020 W-4 that caused an issue in HRMS Payroll calculations
- Corrected issues with the following:
- Logging in, cookies and session data
- Navigation and issues encountered if the user’s name contained an apostrophe
- Back button on Action Search pages
- After approving an Action, Actions does not close
- New Hire/Rehire Actions
- Sage HRMS/Sage 300 payroll codes not displaying
- File attachments
- Integration with Sage ESS
- Editing reserved WYSIWYG fields relating to electronic signatures
- HR Actions Configurator
- The Preparer/Translator Signature field marked as Read Only
- Corrected issue that causing 431 or 400 errors when launching HR Actions
- Corrected issue with HR Admin menu collapsing and highlight Home when user is on Action Status pages
- Corrected errors encountered when launching HR Actions Self Service within Sage ESS
- Corrected error encountered during database refresh process when HR Actions database was named something other than “HRActions”
- Expanded field length to 9 characters for Starting Employee ID
- Corrected issue that resulted in “No Codes Available” on New Hire forms after selecting a different employer
- Improved performance of Configurator and preserved the SMTP Server IP Address when upgrading
- Corrected issue with Printing an Action in Chrome
Contact SWK Technologies for Sage HRMS Support
SWK Technologies is a top Sage partner and HCM technology consultant, and can help you keep your HRMS implementation operating at capacity OR help you choose a more appropriate system. Sit down for a conversation with our human capital management software consulting team and discover new ways to improve and capitalize your existing HR system.
Contact SWK Technologies today to gain support for you Sage HRMS or other human resource solution.
Talk to the Sage HRMS Support Experts