Boost efficiency and improve control of your distribution operations with robust, integrated warehouse management solutions.
Streamline inventory management and fine-tune operations through the entire distribution cycle with Sage 500 wholesale distribution software. This powerful, comprehensive suite of modules works synergistically to provide advanced solutions for tracking, managing, and replenishing inventory, reducing costs and building profits.
The following modules integrate seamlessly with Sage 500 wholesale distribution software to build valuable functionality as stand-alone solutions and give your distribution operations unparalleled efficiency and control.
Manage your warehouse and inventory levels more effectively, enhance customer satisfaction and maximize profits with Inventory Management. This wholesale distribution solution provides the most comprehensive and flexible set of inventory management system tools available to put you in firm control of every step of your inventory process.
With a warehouse-centric design, Inventory Management enables you to track costs and sales histories by warehouse, quickly locate items your customer’s request, and use multi- bin to strategically stock items throughout the warehouse to enable flexible picking methods. Process and ship orders even during inventory cycle counts to ensure that your business continually operates at peak efficiency.
Inventory Management supports both assemble-to-order and build-to-order kits and includes full lot and serial number tracking. In addition, it supports FIFO, LIFO, Average, Actual, Standard, and Warehouse-Specific Costing. More advanced features include support for fixed asset inventories, substitute item definition, landed cost calculations, inventory catalog management, and powerful unit of measure conversion tables.
- Customize a variety of inventory management system options to meet your unique business requirements
- Realize your maximum profit potential by providing flexibility for all aspects of your business-and accounting for every eventuality
- Choose costing methods and specify price breaks to best fit your business and industry
- Ensure that delivery promises are kept and on-hand stock balances are accurate
- Analyze and monitor inventory data and transactions to reduce carrying costs and increase inventory turn
Meet demand and reduce inventory and carrying costs with Inventory Replenishment, the strongest supply chain-centric forecasting and automated procurement software available today. Advanced forecasting capabilities provide tools to more precisely predict what customers will buy and ensure you have sufficient stock while reducing the carrying costs of unwanted goods. Use one of four popular methods to automatically calculate how much to purchase of each product, based on user-defined input that best suits your business practices. Incorporate key factors such as seasonal cycles, sales history and lead times to determine the appropriate order point for inventory. Automatically move stock between warehouse locations — a valuable feature for centralized hub-and-spoke distributors.
Inventory Replenishment goes far beyond other automated procurement systems. Before a purchase order or transfer order is created, the software takes into account lead times for that vendor, the overhead of placing purchase orders to minimize low-volume orders, and whether it makes sense to purchase other products from the vendor at the same time. Unparalleled cost calculations and additional manufacturing inventory software capabilities minimize transaction and overhead costs by creating optimal orders for each vendor. Adjust calculations by warehouse, customer, season, product group, or every individual item for maximum flexibility and on-target inventory planning. Override capabilities allow you to price shop or negotiate favorable delivery terms and assign the appropriate vendor during order generation.
- Ensure that stock of critical items will be available when the customer needs them.
- Monitor and report unusual usage for an item to determine whether demand adjustments are needed.
- Generate actual orders and firmed orders from a single point of entry.
- Analyze and monitor inventory Replenishment and MRP data and transactions.
Align your warehouse processes, increase productivity, and cut time and costs with industry-leading inventory and warehouse management software. A powerful extension of Inventory Management and Inventory Replenishment, Warehouse Management provides advanced features ideal for wholesale distributors, manufacturers, and other companies that buy, stock, sell, or manufacture products.
Three-step inventory transfers utilize in-transit warehouses and replenishment logic to drive demand backward to source warehouses, while tracking goods in transit between warehouse locations. Embedded bins help manage stock movement and inventory transactions such as receiving, picking, physical inventory count, and even manufacturing material issues and finished goods processing.
Dramatically increase the number of orders that can be picked during each shift with either zone or wave picking methods, which allow pickers to concentrate on items within a particular area of the warehouse.
- Analyze and monitor Warehouse Management data for greater insights into inventory movement
- Choose from random, fixed, temporary, and staging bins for ample flexibility regardless of your warehouse configuration
- Maximize efficiency and inventory turns with bin precedence including combined or distinct distribution and manufacturing picking
Simplify your purchasing and receiving processes, improve accuracy and customize workflows to fit the way you do business with the advanced functionality and flexibility of Purchase Order. Create requisitions using date, originator, item description, quantity, and date required, even if vendor information is unavailable, tightly control buyers’ spending limits, and run complete audit tracking for maximum accountability. Increase productivity with the ability to create purchase orders automatically based on inventory requirements.
When purchases are received, instantly capture important vendor metrics including correct item and quantities shipped, damaged goods, labeling and packaging. Combine the information with delivery timing and cost variance data in a valuable Vendor Performance report. Leverage advanced allocation methods to capitalize freight costs to inventory and create, apply or override landed costs.
Harness the power of automation to minimize costly quantity, pricing and shipment errors. Create vouchers that automatically default from the related purchase order. Tie a purchase order to a sales order to ensure that incoming products are correctly allocated to your priority customers. Track transactions back to their origins through extensive drill-down and drill-around capabilities.
- Assign different ship-to locations to each purchase order line item
- Create purchase orders in any currency with Multicurrency Management
- Maximize efficiencies by guiding receiving personnel to designated stock put-away bins
- Capture key vendor metrics to identify vendors that perform well and those that disappoint
- Access purchasing information on any level and limit access to confidential information and tasks.
Put vital customer and inventory information at your fingertips to streamline your sales order processes and keep customers satisfied. Sales Order provides in-depth, flexible sales analysis tools to customize your entire sales function, including discounts, credit, taxes, commissions, kitting, and more.
Establish a wide range of item- or customer-specific information at the sales order line, including shipping information, drop shipment requirements, commissions, account numbers, vital order dates, sales tax, and trade discount percentages. Price inventory items for maximum profitability based on customer class, location, discounts, or any number of criteria your business requires. Assign each line item its own ship-to address, salesperson, tax rate, ship date, ship-from location and drop ship.
Improve employee satisfaction and productivity as well. Empower customer service representatives to personalize the order entry screen with their most frequently used data entry items, copy previous orders and drill down to track a transaction to its original source.
- Easily set up, maintain, and close blanket orders
- Track item availability, pricing, lots, serial numbers, quantity pricing, specific customer pricing, costs, and customer credit limits.
- Analyze and monitor Sales Order data and transactions, including sales histories, shipment information, customer returns, and more.
Process credit card transactions easily and securely with Credit Card Processing powered by Sage Payment Solutions. Together with your Sage Merchant Account, this module provides a complete credit card processing solution for mail order, telephone order and Internet businesses. Enter data for consumer, corporate and government card transactions through the Sales Order and Accounts Receivable modules; information is captured and securely stored for historical and reconciliation purposes and is available online 24/7. Credit Card Processing is compliant with Visa and MasterCard Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards.
- Process and report transactions 24/7
- Automatically connect to Merchant Accounts for authorizations and settlements
- Ensure security with encrypted credit card numbers
- Prevent fraud with Credit Verification Version 2 (CVV2) and multiple address verification options
Reduce your audit risk, stay ahead of constantly changing sales tax laws and ensure compliance in every market. Sage 500 Sales Tax automates comprehensive sales and use tax functions ranging from jurisdiction assignment, rate research, and maintenance to reporting, returns, and remittance calculation. This hosted Web-based solution seamlessly integrates with Sage 500 and automatically performs functions on the fly within your existing accounting application – no changes required. For every calculation, Sales Tax verifies every address using a geo-coding mapping system, then calculates tax based on pre-set user configurations including nexus, tax jurisdictional issues, exception processing, product taxability rules, sourcing rules, split rates, and maximum tax — all done transparently in the background. A user-friendly interface and reporting platform provides detailed, summary, and exception reports. Drill down to customer/invoice, product, reason for exemptions, jurisdictional information, and detailed breakouts of rates and taxes by jurisdiction.
- Automate sales tax calculation, reporting and returns
- Access completely accurate sales tax charts
- Simplify functions with the instant online tax calculator
- Prepopulate tax data for a specified filing period
- Set best practices in sales and use tax compliance.
Implement smart return policies, easily track and process returns and replacements, and build customer loyalty. The Sage 500 Sales Order module features a formalized Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process to help you simplify returns and issue credit, replacement or repair. RMA tracks the reasons for returns, calculates restocking fees and provides detailed reports to give you insight into your returns and help you identify areas of concern.
Send RMAs to customers by e-mail and issue documents to alert warehouse personnel of pending returns. Ship and track replacements before the original goods are returned to you and meet urgent customer needs by creating a cross-shipment entry with just a few clicks.
Flexible RMA processing allows you to determine whether or not non-inventory items can be returned, how to calculate freight, discounts and commissions, and whether or not you want to track RMA expiration dates. Set parameters to allow full or partial returns of kits and kit components. Convenient built-in return features let you determine which bins to place returned items into, restrict returns to valid lot and serial numbers, and optionally charge restocking fees, issue replacement items, or credit customer accounts.
Advanced reporting and analysis tools make it easy to quickly find the status of a return and to determine which returns have not been received or processed.
- Allow customers to return items with or without a formal RMA
- Define how you want to track costs and charges related to customer returns
- Analyze and monitor returns and RMA data for greater insights into customer service levels
- Process returned items through the integrated Sage 500 Purchase Order module
Manage production and kit assembly without complicated labor transactions or material issues. Sage 500 Light Manufacturing streamlines manufacturing and kitting processes, enabling distributors, assemble-to-order industries, and other light manufacturers to save time and labor costs and concentrate on other critical business issues.
Light Manufacturing provides an easy-to-use Production Entry screen where finished goods are reported after the fact; this single point of entry eliminates dozens of potential labor and production transactions by automatically issuing material quantities, outside process transactions, and labor time to finished goods. Identify labor as part of the kitting process to dramatically improve product costing, subsequent pricing, and the kitting procedure. Production Entry Returns enable recovery from production errors in one familiar entry screen.
Utilize optional modules, such as Estimating, Product Configurator, Engineering Change Management, Project Accounting, and Material Requirements Planning with Light Manufacturing for additional capabilities.
- Establish standard routings and bills of material for your manufactured items
- Report production only for finished goods, while other labor transactions are automatically calculated at standard
- Notify your maintenance and production departments when assets are due for maintenance with alerts
- Analyze and monitor Light Manufacturing data and transactions
Sage 500 Product Configurator provides customer service personnel with an easy-to-use interface for feature/option selection, and integration with Sales Order Entry. Easily identify and select configured parts and configure base products quickly using a double mouse click or search function.
Build new parts by starting with a base item and adding features or options. Create new items using customized item masks as well as new long- and short-item descriptions. Product Configurator also builds the item cost and suggested price.
Finished configurations contain unique routings and bills of material built during the configuration process. All configurations are based on standard rules that limit or require certain features or options if another feature or option is selected. Validate configurations to ensure that the final item can be produced.
- Easily set up and maintain features and options
- Quickly build new items from customer specifications
- Define options as rangers and use in calculations
- Save and reuse popular configurations as standard parts
MAPADOC by SWK Technologies, Inc. is a fully integrated, easy to use electronic data interchange (EDI) software solution for Sage 500 (f/k/a Sage MAS 500) that will:
- Dramatically cut data entry time and costs by eliminating duplicate entries
- Improve communication with trading partners
- Integrate seamlessly with Sage 500
- Reduce mapping time by over 75% by allowing end-users to quickly and easily create their own maps for integrated documents
The MAPADOC mapping utility enables end-users to easily update maps on the fly. Our unique EDI mapping wizard for inbound purchase orders (850) and outbound invoices (810) cuts mapping time by over 75%. When trading partners institute new rules, you will be ready. MAPADOC allows mapping to/from Sage 500 -fields, preset variables and user defined fields (UDFs). You can assign cross-reference values and perform pre-processing and post-processing data format conversions. Available cross-references include item, ship to, ship via, warehouse address code and UPC code.
MAPADOC EDI Software for Sage 500 is available in three configurations—pick your path and add functionality if and when you need it: