By Beth McNeill, Senior Technical Consultant
What Does This Mean for You?
For clients on Version 4.40, note that:
- No Sage phone or web case support is available after the retirement date. SWK will continue to support the product, with the understanding that we cannot go back to Sage for support or product updates.
- Quarterly and year-end payroll updates have been discontinued for all retired versions. You will also no longer have new tax table updates (TTUs) available.
- There will be no product updates or hotfixes for the retired versions.
- Online Knowledgebase will still be active.
What Can I Do?
We encourage all of our clients on unsupported versions to contact Debbie Berndt at 973.758.6128 or email@example.com to discuss options for upgrading to a current version of Sage 100 ERP.
Will Other Versions Be Retired?
The following are the retirement dates for versions 2014, 2013, and 4.50.
|2014 (5.10)||2013 (5.0)||4.50|
|Phone & Web Support||Yes||9/30/16||9/30/15|
|Quarterly & Year-End Updates*||12/31/16||12/31/15||12/31/14|
|Tax Table Updates||12/31/16||12/31/15||12/31/14|
|Online Support (Knowledgebase)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
* AP and Payroll as needed to support State and Federal eFiling.
Have There Been Other Retirements This Year?
The Electronic Reporting module has also been retired this year. Sage no longer updates the standard preprinted payroll and accounts payable forms (such as W2s, 941s and 1099s) but you still can print all these forms using the Federal and State eFiling menu tasks. You can also print and/or electronically file these and other federal and state forms to plain paper. The printing has no cost, and there is a minimal charge to eFile. Contact the Help Desk at 973.758.6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in setting up eFiling.
Is Your New Software Supported?
We would also like to remind you that when you are purchasing new hardware, please contact us to make sure that it is supported with your version of Sage. We can provide you with a supported platform matrix that details all of the supported workstations and servers. Older versions may not work with Windows 7, Windows 8, or Server 2012 and you can save a lot of time, money and aggravation by being proactive before installing these new systems.
The SWK Help Desk will no longer support migration of unsupported versions of Sage 100 ERP to new server environments.
Prior to attempting ANY upgrades or updates to your system, make sure that you check your Installed Modules Listing in Sage under Library MasterReport for any third-party modifications. If you do have modifications, please let us know and we can verify compatibility for you.