Today’s Best Practices for IT Require a Different Mindset. Are You Prepared?
Does it feel like you are continually adjusting your business’s IT tools and practices to meet demands for growth and cybersecurity? Is it getting more difficult to keep costs down? Organizations with a reactive stance toward technology see issues like these, but yours does not have to be one of them. Today’s most successful companies are adopting a proactive stance that keeps them ahead of the curve.
Are you ready to transform your mindset so you can transform your business? Start by watching this brief webinar that concisely covers your “Best Practices for IT in 2023.”
Short on Time? Skip to the Sections that Matter to You!
In this webinar, learn from an expert to understand the steps it takes to assess your current IT baseline and start planning for your immediate and long-term IT future. By watching the webinar, you will also gain access to a Special Offer that can help you move to your next stage quickly.
Looking for specific information? Use this summary to skip forward to the parts that interest you. (Timestamp information is located to the right of each item. Please select that time when you are watching the video.)
Intro: The Current State of IT Today
A lot has changed in the 2020s. The good news is that we are still using familiar tools to do our work, but our tools and our teams are so widespread these days that it can be tricky to plan an IT roadmap. To stay ahead of the curve, you must look ahead for the newest IT advances.
- Start from the beginning of the section (2:16)
- Some exciting new AI tools and their limitations (2:55)
- Uses for virtual reality and augmented reality (3:42)
- Advice to counter the latest cyberthreats (3:58)
Step 1: Know What You Have
Before you can plan where you want to be, you must first understand where you are currently. This section helps you determine your starting point, so you can figure out what you would like to change and how much time you have.
- Start from the beginning of the section (4:56)
- A standard timeline for replacing IT assets (5:02)
- Tip: Here is when Windows Server 2012 will reach End of Life (5:33)
- This is what companies typically forget to plan for (5:56)
Step 2: Build a Culture of Security
It takes a lot of work to maintain a secure business environment, but noncompliance is not an option. Best practices for IT state that you must establish policies and set secure procedures. This work is dull but important to do – and it may impact your cyber-insurance.
- Start from the beginning of the section (6:14)
- Upcoming changes to Microsoft’s MFA setup (6:50)
- What type of backup do the experts recommend? (7:10)
- How to set up a “human firewall” (7:39)
- Cyber-insurance companies often demand these policies (8:02)
- Tip: Why vulnerability and penetration testing can help (8:33)
Step 3: Compare Your Cloud Hosting Options
When is it the right time for you to move to the cloud? You know that day will come, but it can be difficult to determine your ideal timeline. These tips help you start weighing your options now, so you are prepared to act quickly when the right time comes.
- Start from the beginning of the section (8:52)
- How cloud hosting options impact your costs (9:12)
- SWK’s hosting costs vs. Azure and AWS (9:46)
Step 4: Budget for Your IT Costs
The task of budgeting for IT is often overlooked because many organizations view IT as a cost instead of an opportunity. By shifting to a proactive mindset, you can finally create a plan that will lower your total costs over time and significantly improve productivity.
- Start from the beginning of the section (10:21)
- Why planning for IT helps you avoid unexpected expenses (10:38)
- This great example will get you thinking ahead (11:06)
- Tip: How you can be a “budget hero” (11:21)
Ready to Follow these Best Practices for IT? SWK Can Help
Many business leaders have difficulties finding skilled tech people to help them follow the best practices for IT. To help you meet your goals, SWK provides award-winning IT service and unique plans managed by friendly, skilled techs.
- Start from the beginning of the section (11:34)
- What SWK’s plans include (11:52)
- Information on SWK’s datacenters and managed services (12:17)
- Benefits of working with SWK (13:41)
- The full list of SWK’s Managed Cloud Services (14:07)
- An exclusive offer to help you transform to a proactive mindset now (14:46)
Would you like to know how your peers are approaching the cloud? Ready to find out what the experts recommend doing first? Get the answers here.
- What should the #1 IT priority be for businesses? (16:45)
- Are you seeing more people move to the cloud or sticking with on-premises servers when they upgrade? (17:31)
Extend Your Learning
This quick overview highlights the best practices for IT in 2023 and, as we said, it is quick. We also offer lengthier, more in-depth webinars that focus on specific areas of your IT setup, or we can provide personalized advice to meet your precise needs. We are here to help you fulfill your vision of a smarter and easier way to run your business.
If you liked this video and you want to watch in-depth webinars that will empower you to make confident decisions about your business, check out our upcoming events and webinars.
In the meantime, use the link below to access the “Best IT Practices for 2023” webinar at any time.
Get Fast Answers
Any time you have questions about your business technology options, all you have to do is reach out to our team of seasoned experts here at SWK Technologies.
Contact SWK today to get your questions answered or fill out the form below.
Learn More about the Best IT Practices for Your Organization