Make Informed Business Decisions
Stuck dealing with confusing ledgers?
Are the options or capabilities of your current system too much of a hassle to find?
If and when you find them, are you struggling to get your ERP system to do what you want it to?
Here’s how Sage 500 ERP does it.
The General Ledger module for Sage 500 ERP (formerly Sage ERP MAS 500) puts you in firm control of your business by giving you quick access to mission-critical financial data. With an easy-to-use general ledger, finding tasks and sorting information comes stress-free, so you can proceed with your normal responsibilities without spending too much time trying to get your ERP to do what you want it to.
The General Ledger module combines power and flexibility with ease of use to give you the critical information you need to make timely and informed business decisions and manage your business more effectively. The system’s extensive drill-down capabilities enable you to view everything from detailed journal entries to original source documents.
Sage 500 ERP has the flexibility to accommodate complex company structures. You can set up an unlimited number of companies and designate account numbers with up to 15 segments and as many as 100 characters. Through Sage 500 ERP Business Intelligence and SAP® Crystal Reports for Sage 500 ERP software, you can enjoy the flexibility of virtually unlimited reporting options. The system also lets you maintain budget data in a spreadsheet, then update the general ledger through a direct Excel link.
Sage 500 ERP user-defined processing options can save time, increase productivity, and enhance efficiency by allowing you to automatically add new accounts; print period-end reports; enter, revise and maintain budgets; purge data; and close the period.
System Implementation Options
Powerful implementation tools allow you to configure your general ledger system to meet your organization’s unique and evolving requirements.
• Define an unlimited number of companies.
• Create user-defined journal codes.
• Establish flexible fiscal period definitions (up to 366 per year).
• Maintain flexible retention periods for historical reporting.
• Create custom fields.
Account Code Structure
The versatile account code structure streamlines your workflow to give you quicker access to critical information.
• Define a 100-character account code containing up to 15 segments.
• Assign additional financial or non-financial attributes to accounts.
• Control posting by effective dates.
• Establish valid segment values.
Audit and System Control
Sage 500 ERP delivers the confidence you need with tight security and easy access for all of your important financial data.
• Validate accounting periods.
• Prevent duplicate journal and batch IDs.
• Control posting by period and by transaction date.
• Define user permissions for general ledger tasks and reports.
• Track audit details for changes, additions, and deletions made to the chart of accounts.
Transaction Entry, Recurring Journals, and Posting
You can create a more efficient workplace by customizing the way you record and display your transactions.
• Post transactions in summary or in detail.
• Record statistical, financial and reference code information for each transaction line.
• Define an unlimited number of recurring transactions.
• Create user-defined cycles and template journals.
These options smoothly accommodate the heightened activity of financial period ends.
• Establish user-defined period-end dates.
• Support “soft closes” in general ledger and “hard closes” in sub-ledgers
• Use journal entry worksheets to calculate period-end adjustments.
• Automatically generate period-end reports.
This feature provides the power and flexibility you need to make informed business decisions.
• Enter and revise an unlimited number of budgets.
• Produce “what if” scenarios.
• View comparisons of current-year and prior-year activity as well as budgets.
• Use Excel to update budget information.
Increase productivity and work smarter using efficient allocation functions.
• Choose from one of six automatic allocation methods.
• Automatically create allocation journal entries for a complete audit trail.
• Generate allocations on a user-defined processing cycle.
Simplify your transactions between business entities and maximize the efficiency of your intercompany business.
• Process transactions between source and target companies.
• Generate automatic inter-company offsetting entries as general ledger posting entries are created.
You can save time and money with multicurrency processing capabilities, which are required by companies doing business globally.
• Enter and report transactions in any currency.
• Override exchange rates for individual transactions.
• Revalue account balances.
• Automatically calculate realized and unrealized gains and losses.
Online Analysis and Drill Downs
Quickly and easily retrieve critical information, giving you instant access to any account balance and its supporting details.
• Drill down to any account balance, detailed journal, or original source document based on criteria you define.
• View balances for one or more periods.
• Provide ad hoc querying capabilities without programming.
• Export data easily to Excel, at the click of a button.
Contact Our Sage 500 ERP Team
For additional information on Sage 500 ERP, contact us at 877-979-5462 or click here.