If your business relies on billing clients for services based on the amount of time an employee spends working on projects and activities, you know how important it is to have accurate and up-to-date time/expense records. Timekeeper allows your employees to achieve quick, accurate, and comprehensive accounting of their time so that client invoices can be sent out as quickly as possible. Timekeeper fully integrates with your Sage 100 ERP system which allows you to process all time/expense information into a number of different modules.
Differences between SWK’s Timekeeper and Sage 100 ERP Timecard
Some reasons why your company should choose Timekeeper over Sage 100 ERP Timecard:
- The Sage 100 ERP Payroll module is not required to run Timekeeper, but it is required to run Timecard.
- Timecard only updates Payroll and/or Job Cost, while Timekeeper updates Sage 100 ERP Payroll, Job Cost, Accounts Receivable, Sales Order, Time and Billing or Time and Billing Professional.
- Employee expenses can be entered into Timekeeper but not in Timecard.
- Sage 100 ERP eBusiness Manager is not required to run .timekeeper in a web interface but is required to run .timecard.
Three Solutions available when you install Timekeeper
Timekeeper Module: The full timekeeper enhancement runs on a fully installed Sage 100 ERP system. This allows users to record time and expenses, and enables managers to approve time and expense entries added in Timekeeper’s three entry methods; the Timekeeper enhancement, Timekeeper Entry, or .timekeeper.
Timekeeper Entry: A convenient, easy to use, stand-alone application that does not require the user to be logged into the Sage 100 ERP system. This application provides the user the ability to enter time and expenses over a network or internet connection. If there is no connection, Timekeeper will save locally and will sync when a connection is established. Timekeeper entry will run on Windows® XP, Mac OS® X (10.4 or higher), and any other OS capable of Java® Runtime Environment 1.5 (J2SE 1.5) or newer.
.timekeeper: Allows employees to enter time and expenses, and allows managers, salespeople, and customers to review the all the data in a web environment in real-time. Being accessible through a various range web browsers, .timekeeper is the best and easiest way to capture up-to-the-minute time and expense information. The supported browsers for Linux, Mac OS, and Windows include: Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Netscape 7.2 or later, Opera 7.54 or later, Mozilla 1.7 or later, Firefox 1.0 or later, and Safari 1.2 or later. .timekeeper is now compatible with Safari on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, so now your employees can enter time and expenses remotely without having to use a laptop or a wi-fi connection. This can be implemented without any addition software.
Features and Benefits
- New Feature: Detailed Activity and Budget tracking – Timekeeper’s new budget tracking features allow you to record and track project hours by activity and compare actual time spent against budgeted time. Gain a clear picture of every project in Budget Detail Report window. Provides a list of Customer Projects, Budget Hours, actual Hours and Work in Process hours.
- Enter time and expenses in three ways: The Timekeeper module built into Sage 100 ERP system, the Timekeeper entry application, or via the internet with .timekeeper.
- You can bill time and products on the same invoice instead of billing customers separately.
- Can use Timekeeper entry in stand-alone mode and then synchronize once getting back into the office.
- Synchronization ensures that all devices and the Sage 100 system contain the same up-to-date time and expense information.
- Date is fully secured. Users are only allowed to enter or view their own time and expenses, unless they are listed as managers.
- View, modify, and override billing rates during time/expense entry. Apply billing rate multipliers for overtime and double time entries.
- Have the option to have time and expenses approved before being processed into other Sage 100 modules.
- Select reports included with the system or design your own with Crystal Reports® or any ODBC-compliant application.
Enhance Multiple Sage 100 ERP Modules
Timekeeper integrates with the following Sage 100 ERP modules:
- Accounts Receivable
- Job Cost
- Sales Order
- Time and Billing (by SWK)
- Time and Billing Professional (by SWK)
Timekeeper is perfect for any business that bills customers for time-based projects. Timekeeper does not currently operate under terminal services. For remote entries, you may utilize the locally installed, cross-platform Timekeeper Entry application; or use .timekeeper for online entry, review and approval of time and expenses.
Contact The Sage Solutions Experts At SWK Technologies
Are you interested in learning more about Timekeeper for Sage 100 ERP? Contact SWK’s professionals to learn how this enhancement can benefit for you. For additional information please contact us at 877-979-5462, or click here to contact us.
SWK Technologies Inc. now provides ongoing support to Sage Resellers and end users of proprietary enhancements for Sage 100 ERP developed by HighTower Inc.