There are many reasons to choose NetSuite as an ERP solution. However, NetSuite is powerful because of five primary reasons:
1. Single data source
3. Cloud Based
Single Data Source:
Businesses that run on NetSuite are able to track/process your financial, employee and payroll, marketing and sales and company asset data from one system.
Businesses can take what NetSuite offers out of the box or customize it to fit their business needs.
It runs in the Cloud which means you don’t have run your own in-house server(s).
You can essentially integrate with 3rd party applications via Web Services. This means you can have NetSuite talk and exchange data with other web based applications that you use.
With the ability to customize NetSuite comes the power of adapting to changing environment.
Keep these in mind when considering NetSuite as your ERP/CRM solution:
1. Have clear understanding why you are taking your business to cloud based, combined ERP/CRM solution. What do you want out of it? Compare your current systems and outline what you are not able to or have to pay for to do. There are other platforms that excel in ERP only or CRM only.
2. Accept and understand that NetSuite is a business tool. Just because you implemented NetSuite, it doesn’t mean everything will work magically. You need to invest in it.
3. Be ready for change. NetSuite will bring changes to everyone in your company. Those who accept changes will welcome it… those who are set in their ways will fight it.
4. Choose the right partner/consultant to implement NetSuite. There are many cases where it wasn’t implemented correctly for two reasons:
1) You didn’t have clear understanding of what you wanted (#1) or
2) Partner/Consultant who just screwed everything up. Find out what their strengths are.
5. Most Important: Commit to it. NetSuite will help you run your business more efficiently if you commit to it.
NetSuite is a business tool like any other tools. But it comes with so much potential only if you commit and invest in it.
Contact Our NetSuite Team
Are you interested in learning more? Contact SWK’s NetSuite professionals for additional information at 877-979-5462, or click here to contact us.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net