Raise your hand if you’re a wholesale distributor. Now, raise your hand if you’re worried about the government’s impact on business, slow economic growth, or are uncertain about the new regulations and policies that the government has enacted for 2014, such as the Affordable Care Act.
My guess is that you raised your hand.
Actually, I’m not guessing here, I have data behind me. According to an online survey of readers from Modern Distribution Management and NetSuite, conducted in October and November of 2013, wholesalers like you are concerned about areas like:
- The economy
- The government
- Rising healthcare costs
- Margin compression
Although 87% of wholesale distributors are expecting revenue growth in 2014, many of you don’t have a plan. Today, we’re talking about how NetSuite can help you grow your revenue and cut costs, by increasing your worker’s productivity.
Problem: Your new workers aren’t as productive as you’d like
Finding, motivating, and retaining qualified workers was a serious concern for wholesale distributors this year. Respondents in the survey reported that new and tenured workers also weren’t as productive as they had been in the past. Wholesalers had difficulties with “an aging workforce,” and one respondent stated a common worry:
“New salespeople have a slow ramp-up to productivity.”
Many new hires these days are Millennials, who are hard workers, as long as they respect your company. One of the things that proves to this young workforce that your company should be taken seriously is the technology your company uses. When Millennials begin to work at a new company that has what they see as “slow” computers, they unconsciously decide that obviously you don’t expect your employees to work very fast either.
The saying, “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks” becomes ever-more relevant as the speed of technology adoption increases, and training issues with new technology is one of the stumbling blocks for older employees. Although those older employees of yours carry the expertise that your company needs, it’s usually hard to get them used to entering their information into your enterprise management planning (ERP) system at every step. The older employees are used to doing their work themselves, then sharing a computer at the end of the day to enter in what was completed.
This doesn’t work anymore.
With the fast pace of today’s world, you need a real-time view of your operations every second so that you can keep up with the increasingly time-restricted demands of your customers. So, what do you do?
Solution: Get them working in the Cloud with NetSuite
With NetSuite, a Cloud-based ERP, your employees (and you) will have real-time access to your data anywhere and at any time, using any device. NetSuite’s easy-to-learn, and easy-to-use ERP system will make training your older workers a snap, and the program’s ability to be used with cutting-edge technologies such as tablets (which, by the way, are 16.2% more popular with businesses this year, as opposed to last year), will give your younger employees the message that your company does real work, in real-time, and that your company should be taken really seriously.
NetSuite does more than just make it easy for you to increase your workers’ productivity though, here are some other ways that this program helps your company:
- Provides a completely customizable business dashboard for you, so that you always have the information you need about your company, no matter where you are.
- Converts leads to orders, orders to shipments, and shipments to increased revenue using warehouse and inventory management systems, plus advanced order fulfillment capabilities.
- Offers a real-time and complete view of your customers so that your customer service team can address their needs easily and quickly, meaning you’ll have more happy customers.
- Expands your company’s partner relationship management (PLM) capabilities, leading to improved channel partner engagement so that you can grow your revenue even faster.
- Brings your distribution company on the Web with the ability to manage various eCommerce activities, such as webstores.
- Leverages demand planning capabilities so that you can manage your inventory the way you’ve always wanted to.